- The 5 Best Outdoor Cat Houses of 2020
- Why Opt for an Outdoor Cat House for Feral Cats
So that adorable kitty keeps showing up at your yard every day now that you’ve started feeding her? And being obsessed with her meowing you’ve decided to adopt her? Great idea! But you know what’s even a better idea? Get her Best Outdoor Cat House!
Cats are A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. There is no doubt about that. But forcing a feral to live with you in your home seems like a hasty decision, isn’t it?
So what can you do?
We recommend you to buy a cute little outdoor Cat House for her. And why? I’ll let you know all the answers later in this post, promise!
The 5 Best Outdoor Cat Houses of 2020
Firstly, I’ll like you to see some of my favorite products based on various aspects. So here they are:
- Affordable price & Easy to set up
- Material with qualities of both wood and plastic
- 10-year manufacturer warranty
Overall Best: The Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Cat House
The Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat House: Based on all the aspects including weather and wearing, The Kitty Tube is the best outdoor house in the market. It comes with a water tank like design with an entrance and two vents for air. It is indeed the best-insulated cat house and can hold up to 3 kittens; made in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty against all kind of cracking, fading or chipping.
|1. The Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat House||Best Overall|
|2. K&H Pet Products Heated Outdoor Multi-Kitty House||Heated Outdoor Cat House For Winter|
|3. New Age Pet ecoFLEX Albany Outdoor Feral Cat House||Best Budget Buy|
|4. Petsfit Outdoor Wooden Cat Shelter||Outdoor Cat Shelter For Multiple Cats|
|5. Petsfit 2-Story Outdoor Weatherproof Cat House||Best Outdoor Cat Enclosure|
**Rated by experts at Petlovesbest at the time of publication. It has nothing to do with Amazon ratings and reviews.
Let get on with the unbiased in-depth reviews of our top 5 products. Shall we?
New Age Pet ecoFLEX Outdoor Feral Cat House
Our first product made using ecoFLEX material is surely a sturdy one. Now, ecoFLEX is an artificial polymer which has characteristics like plastic and wood both. Also, it is non-toxic. Thus it is great in providing great build strength and safety for your cat too.
This outdoor cat house is easy to set up. Just a few screws and you’re done!
The house is weatherproof and can protect the kitties from all kind of bad weather.
The cat house comes with 2 entry points. One on the front at the bottom and other on the side. This allows your kitty to easily escape in case some predator(a dog, maybe?) is blocking her way out. And yes, it gives your kitty the pleasure of peeping through and provides some fresh air.
New Age Pet ecoFLEX is pretty easy to clean. You can be as careless as you want while cleaning the house. You can either carefully wipe it with some damp cloth or just go old school and wash it with a giant hose(make sure not to blow the house away anyways!).
Lastly, New Age Pet provides 10 years of warranty on this Outdoor Cat House. So no more need to worry about buying a new product again and again!
- Sturdy house with ecoFLEX material.
- Easy to set up with some screw assembly.
- Can be easily cleaned with a water hose.
- Comes with a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
- There are two entry/exit points in this outdoor cat house. So that your kitty don’t feel trapped at all.
- Cleaning can be a little tough as you cannot simply reach on the insides of the cat house.
- You may need to do some adjustments to prep it up for winters.
Petsfit Outdoor Cat Shelter [Wooden]
This one is a solid wood conventional outdoor cat house but with a few cool twists and some funky color.
The bed comes with some pre-drilled wooden partitions, which are made of cedar and a roof made from asphalt. It can be easily fixed together. The great thing about the cat house is that it can withstand bad weathers and is rainproof.
It can easily hold up 2 cats at the same time. Though check out the dimensions before ordering the product.
For easy cleaning, you can open up the roof and remove the bottom. It ensures that all the parts are cleaned thoroughly.
The bed is not winterproof. You may need to add some modifications like covering up the bottom gaps(which are there for air ventilation). And put in a heater if you want to.
- Sturdy and attractive outdoor cat house.
- Can be easily cleaned.
- Weatherproof against storm or rains.
- Made with solid wood cedar.
- For some customers, the assembly is tough.
- Needs modifications for winters.
The Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat House
If you are looking for an outdoor cat house which is a solid investment, weatherproof and completely secure, then stop reading this any further and go buy The Kitty Tube Gen 3!
This superb cat house is kind of looks like a small water tank with some openings. This shape is also the reason behind the solid insulation it provides.
There are two handles/ventilation holes on the sides to let the cat breath easily. The ventilation holes are adjustable and can be closed.
Because of the insulated design, the feral cat house stays cold in summers and warm in winters. For more protection against the cold, you can simply adjust the ventilation holes on the side. Completely closing the holes can ensure great warmth.
The ergonomic design ensures that the feral cat house does not blow away in storms. It is so durable that the brand provides a lifetime warranty on the product. They ensure that the cat house will never crack, fade or chip.
Being made from recycled material, it is non-toxic and water, mold, and bacteria resistant. This made in USA outdoor cat house is environment-friendly and will serve the country economically.
The Kitty Tube Gen 3 comes with a removable and washable cat pillow, which exactly fits inside the cat house. And if you want a pet house for feral cats, another variant comes with straw instead of a pillow as it can save you from the burden of washing the pillow frequently.
The Kitty Tube has a lot to offer and simply is the right choice for all the kitty parents.
- Firstly, it provides world class insulation.
- Great for winters, summers, rains, and storms as well.
- There are adjustable ventilation holes to let the kitty breath easily.
- Comes with a washable cat pillow or straw(for feral cats).
- Made in the USA.
- Environment-friendly and made from recycled materials.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty that it will not crack, fade or chip.
- Lastly, it can hold up 2 to 3 cats easily.
- A premium product with premium price.
- Some cats might not like the cave-like design.
Looking for something more Cozy & Stylish?
- Check out our review of Best Cat Window Perches!
Petsfit 2-Story Outside Weatherproof Cat House/Condo/Shelter
For those who want a cool kitty outdoor house that is going to add to the decor of their garden, this is probably the best indoor cat house!
This outdoor cat house from Petsfit comes with a 2 story design. The bottom has enclosed design for insulation and sleep. While the top floor is open with a roof for relaxation.
Check out the dimensions before buying it for multiple large sized cats.
It comes in 2 variants. There can either be a ladder or a cat scratcher joining the bottom floor to the upper one. Here, a cat scratcher, in my opinion, can be a great choice to provoke healthy grooming in the cat.
The bed is entirely made from hard cedar wood and is greatly sturdy. However, a furious fellow may do the damage to the house as the walls are 12 mm thick. There is an asphalt roof on the upper story for protection against rain and harsh sun rays.
The material used here is rot proof and durable as well. The paint done on the outdoor cat house looks extremely attractive and will not peel off as it is water-based.
The outdoor cat house greatly keeps the rain and heat away. However, you may need to do some adjustments like adding a heated bed or some insulation at the bottom to make it winterproof.
All in all, if you are looking for a reliable product with gorgeous looks, this is the one!
- A super attractive and adorable outdoor cat house from Petsfit.
- Comes with a cat scratcher variant to provoke healthy grooming.
- It is weatherproof and rotproof.
- Solid but may not be for a destroyer.
- You may need to add some insulation to prep it up for winters.
- Assembly may or may not be tough based on your skills!
K&H Pet Products Heated Outdoor Multi-Kitty House
If you are looking for an outdoor shelter with the convenience of a heater, here is the one for you!
K&H Pet Products is a leading brand in the business of heated cat beds. And with this outdoor heated cat bed from K&H your cat or feral cat can stay warm and comfy even in the harshest of the winters.
Another great thing we loved about this outdoor cat house is its tent-like design. Such design is great for cats who do not like cave-like shape as there is plenty of roof space on the upper side. Also, it can fit multiple kitties with the help of such shape.
It comes with a no tool assembly and can be set up on any outdoor surface (just make sure to keep it on a flat ground).
The product uses 40 watts and is MET listed! Which means that it is safe for your pet from any electrical failures or shocks. Also, there is a one year warranty on the outdoor cat house from K&H.
Overall, this is the best heated outdoor bed in the market that can endure harshest of the winters and keep your kitty safe.
- Firstly, it’s an outdoor cat bed with the convenience of a heater.
- The product is MET listed for the safety of your pet.
- It can accommodate multiple kitties based on its spacious design.
- It comes with a one year warranty from K&H.
- Lastly, the unique tent shape is great for cats who does not like caved feeling.
- It is quite smaller than it looks in the picture. Do check out the size before ordering one.
- The bottom gets soaked up with water during rain. It is better to keep on an elevated surface.
- For your pet’s safety, we recommend you to keep it under some roof.
- 3 Best Shark Cat Bed Reviews of 2020 | Fun & Adorable Beds for Your Cat
- Best Heated Cat Bed Reviews – The Top 10 Products to Buy this Winter!
Why Opt for an Outdoor Cat House for Feral Cats
You never know how hygienic the cat has been and what kind of germs or parasites she is carrying with her. In addition, it is not that easy to socialize feral cats as they can have a bad temperament.
Buying an outside cat house will ensure that you and your children stay safe from any germs that a feral cat may be carrying. And besides, taming a feral kitty isn’t an easy task.
According to the experts, it is next to impossible to socialize a feral cat as they pass the age of 12 weeks. Thus, the idea of socializing a grown-up kitty might not be a great idea. Though by buying an outdoor cat house you can allow her to live and socialize with you as much as she is comfortable. And as the time goes, she might even be comfortable to live along with you in the house.
And if some feral cat has given birth to some adorable kittens in your backyard, you can buy an outdoor cat house to let the cute kitties stay safe from bad weather and the predators.
It will let the kitty and kittens stay safe even in the harshest of the weathers. In addition, you are always there to feed her from time to time, right?
And even if you are not going to be there all the time, the cat or cats can independently find their own food and return to her comfy cat bed by the night, right?
Thus, buying an outdoor cat house is the best choice when you’re dealing with a feral cat.
So these were the top 5 outdoor cat houses on the market. Buying an outdoor cat house for your pet or even a feral can be a great deed. It will save them from harsh weathers, predators and will allow you to build a bond with them.
If you want to know more about any of the product mentioned here, kindly comment below. We will try our best to resolve your confusions.
Till then take good care of those furballs.