- Best Dog Pillows of 2019 (Reviews)
- 1. Majestic Pet XL Dog Pillow
- 2. MyPillow Large Size Dog Pillow
- 3. Super Value Dog Pet Bed Pillow by Majestic Pet
- 4. PetZu Mother’s Comfort Heartbeat Pet Pillow for Dogs
- 5. Dogbed4less Orthopedic Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed Pillow
- 6. Aspen Pet Self Warming Dog Pillow Bed
- 7. ALL FOR PAWS Lambswool Large Size Pillow Bed for Dogs
- 8. Whisker Doodle Velvet Pillow Bed for Small Dogs
- 9. Furhaven Pet Pillow Cushion Bed for Dogs
- 10. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Dog Pillow
- Our Buyer’s Guide on Dog Pillows
- Important Features to Consider
- FAQs on Dog Pillows
After careful research of 50+ best dog pillows, we have picked 10 top-rated pillows for dogs’ beds.
What is your canine’s most precious belonging? It is obviously his bed where he can curl up and relax or go to sleep after a hard day spent in playing or chasing cats in the neighborhood. The best way to ensure the comfort and safety of your canine companion is to buy them a bed of their own.
Dog pillows are a great option for dogs that love to fully stretch out because the sides or bolsters of beds or baskets can get in the way. We tested dozens of products based on size, shape, material and overall comfort level to arrive at the best options for today’s dog owners.
Best Dog Pillows of 2019 (Reviews)
You feel so amazing after sleeping and resting in your comfortable bed and dogs are no different. They also like to have something soft, fluffy and warm to cuddle up on after playing the whole day. This section contains reviews of ten dog pillow beds that we believe are the best for your pooch.
1. Majestic Pet XL Dog Pillow
There are many dogs that are satisfied by lying down on a pillow or a bolster bed, but some dogs need to stretch out completely to their full length. Majestic Pet offers this high-quality alternative to cheaper pillow beds which generally come apart very fast.
The large quantity of stuffing, the giant size, and the easily removable cover are comfortable for your pet and convenient for you. Pillow top beds are infamous for their poor quality, but this one is different. Once your canine gets a taste of this one, it will be difficult for you to wean him away from it.
Though not with orthopedic foam, the interior is stuffed with high loft fill, which makes for comfortable and resilient padding to last for at least some time to come.
- It is suited for extra-large sized dogs
- Stuffed with high loft polyester fill
- Machine washable cover
- May not be a good bed for chewers
- For dogs with joint problems, you would need to find something with orthopedic foam
2. MyPillow Large Size Dog Pillow
MyPillow Pet Beds pillow bed comes with a double-sided removable outer shell. The removable outer cover is machine washable for convenience of cleaning up.
The fabric part is resistant to tearing and to water. This product is available in small, medium and large sizes. One side of the pillow has a pawprint and the other side has a plaid design.
- Double side removable outer shell, which is machine washable
- The fabric part is resistant to tearing and to water
- Available in small, medium and large sizes
- Few readers have written to us saying that it could suit cats but it is not for dogs of large sizes.
3. Super Value Dog Pet Bed Pillow by Majestic Pet
The Majestic Pet Super Value Dog Bed is a pillow-shaped bed for dogs that like to sleep fully stretched. For large-sized dogs, it is difficult to find a bed that dogs would like to fully sprawl on while sleeping.
The cover surface of the bed is made from polyester which is hypoallergenic, which means it is unlikely to cause any allergies to your dog.
The ultra-soft pillow bed is made from high loft poly fiber-fil. The material is long-lasting and eco-friendly too.
You will not have to worry about cleaning up because it is quite easy to wash. You can wash the whole pillow directly in a washing machine. It comes in medium and large sizes. The medium size is for dogs weighing 45 lbs and the large-size is for dogs weighing up to 70 lbs.
The craftsmanship of the is good and it has been designed and assembled in the USA with imported premium materials. If you are looking for a dog bed for travel purposes, then this fits the bill perfectly because it is lightweight and can be easily carried from place to place.
- Simple but great design with multiple color choices
- Eco-friendly, hypoallergenic soft material for your dog’s sensitive skin
- Easy to clean up
- Made in the USA
- Lightweight and Portable
- Polyester attracts a lot of hair from the surroundings
- The stuffing could have been fluffier
4. PetZu Mother’s Comfort Heartbeat Pet Pillow for Dogs
The PetZu Heartbeat Pillow helps to soothe anxious puppies so that they can fall to sleep naturally.
This product uses removable simulators to mimic the sound of a mother’s heartbeat and the feeling of her body warmth. Both simulators have an “on” switch but automatically gets switched off so that you don’t have to disturb your puppy who is fast asleep.
You just have to microwave the heating simulator and place inside the pillow for instant calm. It can be used to stop nuisance barking and difficulties with housebreaking, reducing stress for puppies and their parents to a large extent.
It is topped with fleece for greater comfort and is machine washable for continued use and happy, healthy pets.
- Helps to soothe anxious puppies so that they fall asleep naturally
- It simulates the sound of a mother’s heartbeat and her body warmth
- Simulators have an “on” switch with automatic shut off
- Can be used to stop irrational barking and housebreaking difficulties
- Soft fleece top that is machine washable for easy cleanup
- It is suitable just for young puppies
5. Dogbed4less Orthopedic Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed Pillow
This handmade dog bed pillow is made from shredded memory foam for complete comfort and easy maintenance. The stuffing inside it is a mixture of premium poly-fill and shredded polyurethane foam for maximum resiliency and loft to give your dog the highest degree of comfort and support in balance.
The internal stuffing is secured with a breathable waterproof internal cover while the external cover is made from denim fabric of blue color with extra stitching. The removable external cover is machine washable/dryable. This can be your pick as the best bed for hip dysplasia.
External denim cover is 100% cotton and interchangeable for the top and bottom side. The internal zipper cover is waterproof at the top while it is water-resistant at the bottom to allow air to circulate into the foam stuffing.
The 10″ thick overstuffed insert will support dogs up to 160 lbs. Mix shredded memory foam will allow better air circulation between foam clusters for a cool, breathable, sleeping surface. It is five times denser and three times heavier and won’t flatten out with time compared to other poly-fill stuffed pillow beds.
In short, this dog pillow bed is a combination of premium materials, smart design and quality manufacturing making it super durable while ensuring the body is properly aligned without painful pressure points to relieve achy joints.
- Stuffing is a combination of poly-fill and shredded memory foam
- The external cover is made from denim and is machine washable
- Shredded memory foam keeps the sleeping surface cool and breathable
- Excellent pillow for elderly dogs who have achy joints
- This bed is not suited for power chewers
6. Aspen Pet Self Warming Dog Pillow Bed
This large and round dog pillow bed comes with a Mylar interior layer to reflect the pet’s body heat to provide warmth and comfort. It comes with a non-skid bottom which is great for tile and hardwood floors.
The comfortable faux lambswool pillow bed for pets is designed with soft sides for dogs that like to burrow themselves. The thermal bed’s lightweight design is great for vacations and road trips.
- Non-slip underside so it won’t slip on the floor
- Self-warming design
- Needs to be washed by hand, cannot be put in the washing machine for easy cleanup
7. ALL FOR PAWS Lambswool Large Size Pillow Bed for Dogs
This warm and cozy lambswool pillow bed provides a great place for your pooch to cuddle up.
It is so comfortable that your dog will think he has a couch of his own.
This pillow bed is available in three colors and in three sizes: small, medium, and large. It is the perfect bed for dogs that think your couch is their own bed. Instead, allow the dog to stretch out on his own bed.
The Lambswool Pillow Bed offers increased durability, comfort, and support to your dog. It provides warmth to the dog and makes him feel relaxed and good.
- Durable, comfortable and offers support for the dog
- Available in three colors and three sizes
- Warm pillow bed that will make the dog feel like his own couch
- Complaints that material is not lambswool but poly-fleece
- There are also complaints that stuffing inside the pillow bed is not enough and offers no support for the dog
8. Whisker Doodle Velvet Pillow Bed for Small Dogs
This luxurious dog pillow bed provides your dog with the comfort it needs to rest and rejuvenate.
The external velvet cover will suit your home decor. It is easy to clean to keep the pillow looking brand new for a longer time. It measures 21″ x 19″ and is just right for small dogs and will fit in homes of any size.
Give your dog the comfort while giving your home a stylish facelift too. The Whisker Doodle Velvet Dog Pillow Bed is a luxurious product with trendy color pallets and the most sought fabric – velvet.
This bed comes in a variety of styles to give you and your dog the best options that will suit both your home and your dog’s needs. It is available in three variants; lounger, pillow bed, and gusseted.
- Luxurious dog pillow bed with an external cover made from most sought after fabric – velvet
- Available in trendy color pallets
- Available in three different styles
- There are complaints that the bed lacks adequate padding. There just isn’t enough stuffing to make the pet feel comfortable.
9. Furhaven Pet Pillow Cushion Bed for Dogs
Furhaven NAP Oxford & Terry Throw Pillow Pet Beds will allow pet owners to create comfort anywhere with great ease. They are stuffed with high loft polyester fiber-fill to give your pooch a comfortable lift off the hard floor.
Furhaven pillow beds are extremely lightweight and great for on-the-go comfort. The external cover of the pillow bed is zippered and removable for easy washing. Interior liner is zippered for quick and easily refills. It also features a suede top and a matching oxford poly-canvas base that makes it aesthetically appealing and comfortable as well.
- Extremely lightweight and easily portable
- The external cover is zippered and removable for easy washing
- The top is suede and base is made up of oxford poly-canvas
- Only suited for large and jumbo-sized dogs
10. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Dog Pillow
This 30″ x 40″ indoor/outdoor navy and tan chew resistant pet pillow bed is made from heavy-duty fabrics treated for water repellency.
It is stuffed with Eco-first recycled polyester fiberfill for maximum comfort and warmth.
Maintenance is also not much of an issue because of a removable cover which is machine washable and dryer safe.
- Recycled polyester fiberfill stuffing will ensure that the pillow does not flatten out easily
- The fabric part of the pillow bed is water repellent
- Maintenance is not much of an issue because the removable cover is machine washable and dryer safe
- It is not meant for aggressive chewers
Our Buyer’s Guide on Dog Pillows
This section covers the features one must aspire for in a dog pillow and FAQs at the end to satisfy some of our more curious readers.
Important Features to Consider
A dog pillow should have certain important characteristics so that your pup can have cozy and comfortable sleep. Here’s what to look for in a dog pillow before purchasing one:
Ensure that the pillow you choose is sufficiently large to accommodate the dog at full stretch. If you are not sure, measure your dog. The longest side of the pillow you choose should be at least as long as the length from the tip of your dog’s nose to the tip of his tail and the shorter side should be longer or equal to the dog’s height from the floor to the top of the head.
The term “loft” refers to the height of a dog pillow as it lays flat on the floor. A loftier pillow is tall and puffy, whereas a pillow with a low loft is flatter. As a fact, pillows with loft will be more comfortable. Many will flatten as time passes, so if it is already flat, to begin with, it will not age well.
The commonest filling material for dog pillows is polyester fiber also called polyfills. However, there are some dog pillows that are filled with shredded memory foam, which is arguably more comfortable and won’t flatten as time passes.
Polyester is the most common outer material though durable nylon is also used in a few products for dogs who are chewers. There are some products available that have fleece as the outer layer, which makes the pillow soft and comfortable.
Ease of cleaning
The majority of dog pillows come with removable washable covers, which are machine washable. This makes for easy cleaning. However, there are pillow covers that are handwash only and require more effort from your end when they get smelly or dirty.
FAQs on Dog Pillows
What is a dog pillow?
A dog pillow is a pillow designed for dogs to be used as a bed at night or for sleeping or relaxing. It can be placed in their crate or on your own bed to use whenever they feel like having a snooze. Dog pillows usually have a piece of soft fabric on top for comfort and are highly versatile. They can be extremely lightweight, which means they can be brought along while traveling. Dog pillow beds can be used in vehicles, kennels, or in your home.
Who should buy a dog pillow?
If your canine companion prefers stretching out flat over curling up, a dog pillow would be ideally suited for him as there are no raised edges or sides to come in the way of a complete stretch. When it comes to comparing dog pillows with best-rated dog beds, owners usually choose the former because they are cheaper and complement the home decor better.
What is a dog snuggle ball?
A dog snuggle ball is a dog pillow that is spherical and not something rectangular or circular. They do flatten out a bit when your dog lies on them, but are puffier and are stuffed more than standard dog pillows.
How do you clean a dog pillow?
If your dog pillow is machine washable (or has a machine washable cover), it’s as simple as throwing them in the washing machine. Otherwise, you’ll have to handwash your dog pillow or wipe it clean, which isn’t that effective.
How do I get my dog to stop chewing on his pillow?
That would depend on why your dog is chewing. If it is because of boredom, try placing a few chew toys near his pillow. If it’s lack of exercise, walking him more often and longer may help curb his chewing. It is also possible to redirect his attention to something that he is allowed to chew every time you catch him chewing his pillow.
Punishing a dog for chewing can be counter-productive because the dog may get scared by you and it will not solve any behavioral issues. Dogs are instinctive chewers and could do with a more durable or best chew proof dog beds.
Why does my dog sleep on my pillow?
If your dog wants to get close to you, they may come and sleep close to you. If you’re not around, they may sleep in your bed to seek solace in your scent. Your pillow is the right place to find warmth, comfort and your memories.
There are many options when it comes to choosing a dog pillow bed for your pooch. You can try combinations of comfort and affordability, comfort and expense, or look to care for special needs such as arthritis and other orthopedic problems. There are indeed a large number of varieties on the market but the great thing is that there are options that can keep your dog happy without emptying your pocket!