- At a Glance: Best Dog Multivitamins
- What is Dog Multivitamin?
- How Do They Work?
- The 9 Best Dog Multivitamins of 2021
- 1. Best Multivitamin – Zesty Paws Multivitamin Bites for Dogs
- 2. ProSense Multivitamin for All Life Stages of Dogs
- 3. Pet MD – Canine Tabs Plus, Advanced Multivitamins for Dogs
- 4. Best Dog Vitamin Chews – Nutri-Vet Multi-Vite Chewable
- 5. NaturVet All-in-One Support Dog Multivitamin Supplement
- 6. Excel 8in1 Daily Time Release Multi-Vitamin for Dogs
- 7. Buddy & Lola Multivitamin for Dogs
- 8. Waggedy Daily Essentials Adult Dog Vitamins Supplement
- 9. Pet-Tabs Original Formula Vitamin Supplement
- Buyer’s Guide
Don’t you wish that your dog stays healthy and strong? If you really desire your pup lead a happy and secure life, then it’s time to think about their health. Do you know which are the important daily vitamins for dogs? Have you heard about Dog Multivitamin product?
Here we are going to check out the best dog vitamins, that are safe and something your pets may be missing out. You may be also confused about whether to buy such health supplements or not. Well, by the end of the article you shall get all the answers!
At a Glance: Best Dog Multivitamins
- 5-in-1 solution for your fur-buddy
- Best joints, skin, digestion and immunity
- Premium vitamins at affordable price
We are going to review the top Dog Multivitamin products – Find the top products!
|Zesty Paws Multivitamin for Dogs||Best Dog Multivitamin|
|ProSense Multivitamin for All Life Stages||Budget Buy|
|Pet-Tabs Original Formula Vitamin Supplement||Premium Dog Multivitamin|
|NaturVet All-in-One 4-IN-1 Support Dog Multivitamin Supplement||All-in-One Multivitamin|
**Rated by experts at Petlovesbest at the time of publication. It has nothing to do with Amazon ratings and reviews.
What is Dog Multivitamin?
Dog Multivitamin is one form of health supplement for the canines that comes in the form of powder and chewable. Almost one-third of the U.S cats and dogs are provided with health supplements, and the most common one among them is the dog multivitamin.
These well-known puppy vitamins work as supplements for the arthritic condition, whereas the fatty acids help with reducing the shedding and it retains the natural coat shine.
Do you really need to buy the best vitamin for dogs?
Most of the commercial dog foods still miss out on one or the other nutrient. This way, your pet could easily miss out on nutrients that are necessary for their growth. With the multivitamin for dogs, you can close out the gap between their current diet and the required nutritive needs.
Also, you can inform/ask your vet about the dog vitamins that are beneficial and safe for your pet. Even the pet requirements don’t match often, so it’s always good to be cautious before making a diet change.
How Do They Work?
So, yeah dog does require vitamins and the best source of the good vitamins for dogs is organic food. Our daily food has it all in the right, sufficient amount. Vitamins are natural compounds that are necessary to sustain the living, this holds true for both humans and dogs.
Some of the common vitamins include –
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Even dogs need vitamins just like us. But their intake requirements are different, so keep a check on how much of the multivitamins you are adding into their diet.
Each vitamin holds a specific purpose, and its benefits are listed as follows:
Vitamin A, the thing you get from the carrots keeps the eyesight healthy. It’s also responsible for fetal development, cell functioning, and even the immune buildup.
Vitamin B includes a group of multiple vitamins that serves a lot of purposes for your doggo’s health. They keep a check on the body enzymes, glucose generation, immunity, hormone regulation, protein synthesis, and many others.
Vitamin C is the anti-oxidant thing in the list, and it removes out the harmful free radicals roaming inside the body.
Vitamin D helps with balancing out the phosphorous and calcium levels, which is necessary for good bone health. This is also necessary for your dog’s healthy growth and muscle strength.
Vitamin E and K – The former one checks on the cell functioning and works as a defense against any oxidative damage. Whereas Vitamin K is responsible for the clotting of the dog’s blood.
As you purchase a dog multi vitamin for your pooch, it ensures all the above-listed things and there’s much more to it.
The 9 Best Dog Multivitamins of 2021
Taking care of a doggo’s diet and eating habits are the most crucial thing. Not only crucial but also challenging. Dogs do have a wide variety of nutrient needs, and it’s important that all the dog vitamins and health demands are granted in the right amount.
If you feel like your pooch is missing on a particular nutrient, then go for a dog health supplement and add it along with their daily meal. Following are some of my favorite multivitamin for dogs-
1. Best Multivitamin – Zesty Paws Multivitamin Bites for Dogs
The Zesty Paws brings in refreshing and highly nutritive bites for your dog. Each bite of the multivitamin is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and minerals that take care of the skin, joints, the digestive system for dogs of all breeds and ages. It takes care of the skin and the coat with the help of the added biotin, cod liver fish oil, and the Vitamin E oil which nourishes dry, itchy skin.
All the necessary vitamins for dogs have been taken care of by the Zesty Paws, and are included in the packaging. Zesty paws multivitamin for dogs is designed with one important goal to maintain a strong bond between you and your pet.
- Brand: Zesty Paws
- Medication Type: Soft Chews
- Suitable for: All Ages
- Ingredients: Glucosamine, Chondroitin, OptiMSM, Kaneka Q10
- Promotes: Skin, Coat, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Enzymes, Immunity
Along with the skin and joint health, this best dog vitamin also keeps a check on the digestive enzymes. The right composition of the vitamins and the additional CoQ10 adds the anti-oxidant property which keeps the immunity and heart health in check.
Note/Tip: Most of the best multivitamins for dogs only focus on one or two areas, whereas the Zesty has tried to touch almost all functional areas.
It comes in two different flavors; chicken and the peanut butter. You can opt for the one that suits the best and makes up for the best dog vitamins for your pet. You can use this vitamin for puppy especially if they are facing low immunity condition. An approx. of 10mg of the Kaneka Q10 could improve the working of the cardiovascular activities and the cell function.
- One of the best vitamins for dogs that supports joint and hip
- Retains the natural coat shine
- Boosts the immunity level
- Dandruff-free coat
- Improves the eating habits
- Effective for skin issues like itchiness and redness
- Allergic cases reported, so check it with the vet before use.
2. ProSense Multivitamin for All Life Stages of Dogs
This is yet another all-life stages multivitamin for dogs. As you try considering your dog’s health, you will come across many overwhelming things that you can do for them. You could now support your pet’s overall wellness by including one daily vitamin in their diet. The ProSense Multivitamins are suitable for all life stages and it fits perfect for everyday use.
These vitamins for small dogs offer proactive solutions and improve the wellness of your pet. They have created solution-based segments which ensure that your pet gets just the best puppy vitamins.
- Brand: ProSense
- Medication Type: Chewable tablets
- Suitable for: All Life Stages
- Ingredients: Brewer’s Dried Yeast, Salt, Glycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Lactose, Defatted Wheat Germ Meal, etc.
- Promotes: Overall wellness of the pet
This dog multivitamin has a proper blend of anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins which keeps your pooch healthy and safe from health problems. It’s also a recommended thing for the older dogs who might have some or the other health issue. The ProSense multivitamin for dogs reviews offers all the minerals, vitamins and the topical things they need.
Note/Tip: These senior dog vitamins have a strong smell, so just be aware of this fact on opening the package. It won’t be an issue for the dogs, however, if you have a sensitive nose it may be troubling at first.
The most surprising thing that I found is the pricing of these best vitamins for dogs. Even though it’s inexpensive, this rightly deals with a variety of dog health issues. Because of it’s nutritional and antioxidant properties, you may use it as a daily supplement for the pets. If your dog weighs between 10 to 50 pounds, 1 tablet daily would be enough.
- Works on all the health aspects.
- Promotes wellness and includes best dog vitamins.
- Goes perfect with all life stages.
- Properly blends the antioxidants along with the minerals and vitamins.
- Brings the energy back in your pets.
- One of the best multivitamin for dogs.
- It has an unpleasant odor, and not everyone could handle it.
3. Pet MD – Canine Tabs Plus, Advanced Multivitamins for Dogs
Pet MD Canine Tabs come in a cylindrical packing with white and green labeling on it. Their sole mission is to create affordable yet innovative pet-care Dog Multivitamin for the health and well-being of them. These entire best rated dog vitamins are produced in small batches in the USA, in order to retain the quality and the freshness of it.
It’s a natural and advanced supplement with top dog vitamins and minerals suitable for all the active and senior dogs. This best multivitamin for dogs comes with a count of 365 tabs, that can be given as a chewable or crumble it to the pet food.
- Brand: Pet MD
- Medication Type: Chewable Tablets
- Suitable for: All Life Stages
- Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Molasses, Ascorbic acid, Liver Powder, Stearic acid, Potassium Chloride, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin A Acetate, Zinc oxide, Vitamin B12, Copper sulfate, Folic acid, etc.
- Promotes: Health and Energy in Active and Senior Dogs
The added liver flavor makes it tempting for your small beast at your home. This high-quality source of protein takes care of your pet’s skin and coat at all times. It’s one of the best vitamins for puppies which is easy to serve and doesn’t need you to break your back for it.
Note/Tip: It’s easy to feed and digest. You can offer these Pet MD tabs by hand or crumbling them in the dog’s meal. Both ways would work!
In case you have any doubts regarding this senior dog vitamins reviews, let me make it clear. This pack of vitamins for dogs is an advanced dietary food with all the vitamins and minerals necessary for your dog’s healthy living. This dog multivitamin has been certified by the Independent Lab and passed multiple microbiological tests for E.Coli, Yeast, Mould, and others.
- One of the best multivitamin for dogs such as active and senior dogs.
- Liver powder offers the necessary protein.
- Takes care of the pet eyes, and brain.
- Easy to digest and serve.
- Suitable for dogs of all breeds and age.
- Vet approved.
- It may have side-effects like itching and irritation.
4. Best Dog Vitamin Chews – Nutri-Vet Multi-Vite Chewable
Next, we have the Nutri Vet multivitamin for dogs that offers a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals, complementing well with your pet’s normal diet. The delicious liver flavor enhances the taste and the nutritional value of the food. It easily promotes good health and the much necessary vitality.
By now, you might be aware of the antioxidants and how much they are important. They neutralize the unstable elements inside the body which are known as oxidants or the free radicals. The free radicals are formed through everyday activities, and if they are not checked regularly could damage the tissues and invite diseases and premature aging in pets.
- Brand: Nutri-Vet
- Medication Type: Chewable
- Suitable for: Puppy, Adult, and Senior
- Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Sucrose, Cellulose, Liver Powder, Soy Protein, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, etc.
- Promotes: Overall wellness and health, prevents premature aging
How will you define the best dog multivitamin? It should have all the necessary vitamins and minerals that help your pets with leading a healthy life. The Nutri-Vet vitamins for dogs contain the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for well-balanced pet health.
Note/Tip: For a 20-pound weight body, 1 tablet in a day would be enough. It is recommended to store the Nutri-Vet multivitamin for dogs in a cool dry place, with a temperature lower than 30 degrees.
Just like the human body, even the dogs require vitamins and minerals for survival. These vitamins for puppies include vitamin A, B, C, D, E and other minerals like zinc, copper, magnesium, calcium, copper etc. Now considering the sizes, you can choose from 60, 120, 180, and 360 counts depending on the need.
- Makes the bones stronger.
- Vitamin C takes care of vision, cardiovascular, joint and immunity.
- Healthy circulatory movements.
- Improves digestion.
- Builds an infection-resistant body.
- Skin care.
- Chews are a bit hard compared to other brands
5. NaturVet All-in-One Support Dog Multivitamin Supplement
NaturVet addresses all the concerns that the best dog multivitamin should tackle. It takes care of the four fundamental pet aspects – digestion, skin, joints and complete health. This multivitamin for dogs contains digestive enzymes which promote healthy digestion and a fit digestive tract.
The added Omega 3, 6, and 9 takes special care of the coat and the skin. Whereas the dog vitamins and minerals take care of the overall health. Glucosamine and Chondroitin take care of the joints and promotes a healthy bone and joint function.
- Brand: NaturVet
- Medication Type: Soft Chews
- Suitable Age: Over the age of 12 weeks
- Ingredients: Linolenic Acid (Omega-6), Vitamin E, Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Choline, Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, Oleic Acid (Omega-9), etc.
- Promotes: Skin, digestive, and the bone-joint health
You can either choose the 60count dog multivitamin or the 120count for pets over 12 weeks. It’s recommended to double the suggested daily amount for the first 3 weeks, which you can divide by AM or PM accordingly.
Note/Tip: The feeding of best pet vitamins goes like, 2 chews for pets upto 30 pounds. It then gets to 4 chews for 31-50 pounds, 6 chews for 51-75 pounds, and 8 chews for over 76 pounds.
All the NaturVet Dog Multivitamin products are vet recommended and manufactured in the USA with all the FDA and cGMP rules are taken into consideration. While I was going through different NaturVet Dog Multivitamin products, I came across the Naturvet’s dog vitamin powder too although I didn’t consider that for now.
- FDA approved
- Keeps the digestive tract clean
- Glucosamine and the Chondroitin offers a joint support
- Shiny coat
- Nothing serious reported here
6. Excel 8in1 Daily Time Release Multi-Vitamin for Dogs
Excel multivitamin for dogs brings in a 100 count tasty chewable tabs for your pet, which is specifically formulated for the aging and older breeds. I have got the senior dogs pack for review, and it comes with antioxidants and beta carotene formula. It’s a special health supplement formula prepared for aging dogs and can be served on a daily basis.
The Excel Daily Multivitamin provides the best supplements for dogs and all the necessary vitamins and minerals that your dog needs. It comes with an advanced time-release formula which releases out the age critical vitamins and related things gradually for a balanced nutrition absorption.
- Brand: Excel
- Medication Type: Chewable tab
- Suitable for: Senior pets
- Ingredients: Brewer’s Dried Yeast, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactose, Wheat Germ Meal, Stearic acid, Fish Oil, Salt, Beta-carotene, Folic Acid, Cobalt Carbonate, Copper Sulphate, Biotin, etc.
- Promotes: Happy and healthy living with all the senior dog vitamins
Coming to the feeding directions, you need to feed the multivitamins before feeding your pet. Dogs that fall in the weight category of upto 10 pounds, should take a half tablet. While the pets that weigh between 10 to 50 pounds, must take one tablet. Dogs weighing over 50 pounds are advised to take 2 tablets.
Note/Tip: This multivitamin supplement is packed with lots of minerals and vitamins, and also cures the upset stomach in senior dogs.
As the dog starts getting older, you will be required to make diet changes that support their growth and health requirements. You can prepare a raw diet that supplements with the dog’s meal, and serve out the best vitamins for dogs using the tasty and healthy chewable tabs.
- Good option for the aging dogs
- Vet recommended
- Easy on chew
- No side-effects
- Clears up skin issues too
- Tastes good
- You may receive a powdered pack of the chewable; it doesn’t hold up together for a long time
7. Buddy & Lola Multivitamin for Dogs
Protect your pet with the best sorted multivitamins, minerals, and vitamins! The Buddy & Lola Multivitamin is prepared with powerful vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants which make up to a great deal for the pets.
The name on the label says Multivit+ and I would be referring it as Multivit. So, these vitamins for dogs is a proven dietary thing for active young and older puppies. It takes special care for the bones, teeth, nails, joints, and keeps them strong and healthy.
- Brand: Buddy & Lola
- Medication Type: Tablet
- Suitable for: All Life Stages
- Ingredients: Chicken Liver Hydrolysate, Calcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Brewer’s Dried Yeast, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic acid, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Dried Carrots, Vitamin B12, D3, A supplement, etc.
- Promotes: Bones and joint health in senior dog wellness and health issues
Well, not only the dog vitamins improve the bones health but also leaves your pup’s coat shiny, and overall wellness of the digestive system. If your pooch is getting old and showing signs for the same, then the Buddy & Lola Multivitamin will bring back that support in their lives.
Note/Tip: The 34 important nutrients and digestive enzymes set the perfect support for the wellbeing and health of the senior pets in the coming years.
The chicken liver flavor added in the chewable will make the food more appealing to the dogs. You can either serve it as a treat or crumble the best dog vitamins into the dog meal and boost their immunity on a daily basis. The food is soy and dairy-free and comes with added vitamins and calcium as the main dietary source.
- Dog nails, bones, and joints are taken care of
- Increases the energy levels
- Safe and natural ingredients
- Healthy skin and coat
- Improves the immune system
- Keeps the digestion process in check
- Some pets may find it difficult to chew it, even though it’s claimed to be chewable
8. Waggedy Daily Essentials Adult Dog Vitamins Supplement
As the dog’s age, they would need more variety of nutrients and vitamins for their day-to-day activities. The Institute of Pet Nutrition has teamed up and designed a special line of supplements which would help your pet lead a happier and fuller life! This special multivitamin for dogs is suitable for one year or older dogs.
This premium dog multivitamin is packed with enzymes, and aides well for the digestion, bone and muscle strength. Also, it is safe for the pets recovering from an illness, pregnant or other nursing dogs.
- Brand: Waggedy
- Medication Type: Tablet
- Suitable for: Adult and Senior Dogs
- Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Ferrous Sulphate, Vitamin E supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Vegetable Oil, Vitamin A, B12, D3 supplement, Zinc Sulphate, Folic Acid, Copper Carbonate, Riboflavin, etc.
- Promotes: Natural energy, and vitality in small and large dogs
The Daily Essentials formula for the adult dog improves the circulation that reduces the pain, soreness and keeps your pet protected from free radicals. Your dogs would love these chewable, it’s not just about the taste but it also takes care of the dental health, prevents the bad breath and bacterial growth.
Note/Tip: You can choose from two different formulas – for adult and senior dogs. In the adult pack, they have the time released along with the breathe aid whereas the senior pack has the glucosamine instead of the breath aid.
One user mentioned how the Daily Essentials helped his pet in getting back the energy in just 2 weeks time. When you choose the right dog vitamins, it will definitely bring a change in their health and activity.
- Healthy immunity
- Pure and natural dog multivitamin
- NSF certified
- Promotes good digestion
- Takes care of the bones, and joint health
- Safe for sick, and even pregnant dogs
- Dogs may dislike the taste of this chewable
9. Pet-Tabs Original Formula Vitamin Supplement
The Pet-Tabs is manufactured by the Zoetis and considered one among the best senior dog vitamins out there. If you wish to offer your pet a good dose of energy and better health, then this is it! It works on the basis of 1 tablet per day formula, and this Virbac Animal Health Dog Multivitamin is easily available in grocery stores, and other pet stores nearby you.
It takes a good shot as a health supplement for the pets facing nutritional deficiencies in them. The Pet-Tabs multivitamin for dogs is produced with a combination of 10 minerals and 8 vitamins making a total of 18 vital elements. All of them work along with the natural acids ensuring that your pet is getting all the nutrients they need.
- Brand: Pet-Tabs
- Medication Type: Tablet
- Suitable for: All Ages
- Ingredients: Wheat Germ, Corn Syrup, Kaolin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Pork Liver Meal, Sucrose, Lactose, Gelatin, Corn Starch, etc.
- Promotes: Good health and matches up with the nutritional deficiencies
This dog multivitamin come in the form of tablet, and it can be served right before the feeding or just crumble the tablet and mix it up with the dog food. The tabs have a meat-flavour, therefore it won’t be hard for the dogs to finish it up.
Note/Tip: There are two different manufacturers for the Pet Tabs, one is the Zoetis and the later is Pfizer. The Pet Tabs formed by the Pfizer is however taken down due to the claims of higher lead content, and they are no longer found in the market.
Don’t get confused between the Pfizer and the Zoetis brand. The pet tabs plus recall was for the Pfizer brand, and it has been recalled too. However, even the Zoetis have not listed the dog vitamins and other ingredients – which is a strange thing. (although you may find it on other websites)
- Great for skin and coat
- Easy to use
- High quality ingredients
- Zoetis doesn’t provide the ingredients list on their website
- Negative claims and recall history associated
In this section, we shall discuss on how to select the best vitamins for dogs, and all the common queries people have regarding the dog vitamins.
How to Choose the Perfect Dog Multivitamin?
Now that you know the perfect dog health supplements in the market, how are you going to make the selection? What should be my deciding factors?
Quality of Ingredients
This is the main priority of all – Quality. If the dog vitamins added in the Dog Multivitamin are not quality-approved, then it can cause serious health issues in your pet. Whereas, the dog multivitamin can cause side-effects on your pet too. Therefore, it’s important to take a close look at the ingredient list and verify the quality of the same.
Does the dog multivitamin have a decent amount of nutrients? Proteins, minerals, best dog vitamins and fat are the key nutrients. Make sure you do a double-check about this thing, before purchasing.
Ideally, this should be the first thing to consider, and that is dog ailments. Does your pooch have any digestion problem, itchy skin or pain in the joints? You can check out the suitable multivitamin for dogs that deal with a particular issue.
This distinguishes the dog multivitamins based on the age of the dog. You could choose the dog food for the young, adult or for the senior group.
Type of the Multivitamin
Okay, so the vitamins for dogs come in the form of tablets, chewable, and vitamin powder. It’s upto you which type you want to go with for the dog multivitamins.
It’s pretty common as for the humans, vitamin A, B, C, D, E, K are safe for the dogs. Other vitamins like Biotin and Vitamin E they help with promoting good skin and coat health. Whereas there are other added
supplements like Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM that provides hip and joint support for the pets.
Another point to note here is, not all the animals react to the medication in the same way. You may have to carry out a trial and test for the initial weeks, before taking the best vitamins for dogs regularly.
Some of the human vitamins work fine for the dogs. These vitamin supplements are available at cheaper rates compared to that of the pets. However, you may not know which human supplement is harmful to the dog, so it would be better to avoid this thing.
Only the water-soluble vitamins taken by humans are suitable for the dogs, as these vitamins don’t get stored inside the body.
When we talk nutrients, there’s possibly none which is harmful to the dogs. I meant the ones which are pet-recommended. Although, it’s important that you serve them the right suitable amount of the nutrients.
You can get in touch with your regular vet and make a diet plan for your pooch that keeps all the nutrients in a balanced way. For example, nutrients like protein, calcium, phosphorous, sodium, Vitamin D etc. should be offered in a controlled manner. Overdoing it will invite trouble.
This depends on your dog’s diet and how much nutrients they are taking in one day. Pets who receive all the nutrients from their daily meals won’t need a health supplement like this one. They would be good at absorbing the nutrients.
Finally, should you get a dog multivitamin for your pet or not?
Multivitamin for dogs is not a compulsory thing to buy, however, if your pet is not receiving or able to gain any nutrient, doggo supplements are the only way out.
How well did the article work for you? Comment below the struggles you faced while choosing a pet multivitamin and how’s it going for your pooch!